Food and Nutrition
Here are our food menus for each setting. It is important that children eat a balanced diet, so we offer a range of healthy snacks throughout the day, alongside a variety of tasty seasonal meals, to ensure your child is well fed during their time with us.
Please let us know if your child has any specific dietary requirements so we can cater for them accordingly.
The food menu at our Drax setting change on a weekly basis to offer a superb variety of different meals. Please see the examples below or contact us for more information on future menus.
Here are our food menus for our Nursery setting in Barlow.
At our seaside nursery, healthy pack up meals should be provided by parents.
We provide snacks and drinks throughout the day.
Before and After School
• A Variety of Cereals (Gluten)
• Toast (Gluten)
After School Snacks
• Soft Cheese or Jam on Toast (Wheta, Soya, Dairy)
• Crumpets (Wheat)
• Selection of Sandwiches (Wheat, Soya, Dairy)
• Bagels (Gluten)
• Sausage Rolls (Gluten)
• Selection of Wraps (Wheat, Soya, Dairy)
• Apples, Bananas, Oranges, Strawberries, Grapes, Raisins (Sulphites), Carrot & Cucumber Sticks, Bread Sticks (Gluten, Sesame), Crisps (Dairy).
• Water and Milk (Dairy)
Healthy Start Voucher Scheme
••The Healthy Start scheme provides up to £24.80 a month per child under 1 and £12.40 per child aged between 1- 4 years, which can be used for fresh or frozen fruit and veg, as well as milk and infant formula. Recipients also receive vouchers for vitamins designed for children and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do I qualify for Healthy Start?
You qualify for Healthy Start if you’re at least 10 weeks pregnant or have a child under four years old and you or your family get:
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Child Tax Credit with a family income of £16,190 or less per year
Pension Credit; or
Universal Credit with no earned income or total earned income of £408 or less per month for the family. (To find this refer to your Universal Credit award notice in the section “your take home pay for this month”.)
You also qualify if you are under 18 and pregnant, even if you don’t get any of the above benefits.
Apply Online NOW at healthystart.nhs.uk
How many vouchers do families get?
• Pregnant women receive one voucher each week (£3.10)
• Babies under one year old get two vouchers each week (£6.20)
• Children aged from one to four years get one voucher a week (£3.10).
What can I buy with the vouchers?
• Milk – This must be plain cow’s milk and can be whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed.
• Plain fresh or frozen fruit and vegetables – This means any kind of plain fresh or frozen fruit or vegetables, whole or chopped, packaged or loose.
• Infant formula milk – This must be infant formula milk that is based on cow’s milk and says on the packaging that it can be used from birth.
Pregnant women, women with a baby under one year old and children aged up to their fourth birthday on Healthy Start will also get green Healthy Start vitamin coupons sent to them every eight weeks along with their Healthy Start vouchers.
How do I apply?
Since the 6th April 2020 a health professional no longer needs to countersign the application and you can apply directly online at https://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/healthy-start-vouchers/how-to-apply/online-application-form/